The Lake George Area in the Southern Adirondack of Upstate New York is the ideal place to work, stay, and play! With beautful landscapes and employers looking to hire, you'll find a bustling destination that is adventurous, fun and prosperous. Spend the summer or stay year-round in the Lake George Area.
Many employers are offering great incentives, such as retention bonuses, on-site housing, free meals, product discounts and more!
We are seeking a FULL-TIME Taste NY Market Assistant to join the team at the Adirondacks Welcome Center. If you love the Adirondack Region, support local food and beverage producers, can engage visitors and area businesses, and have stellar customer service, this is the role for you! To learn more about the Lake George Chamber of Commerce visit our website at: https://lakegeorgechamber.com.
Taste NY is the official eat-local, drink-local program for New York State. Taste NY Vending Market at the Adirondacks Welcome Center is operated locally by the Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce. Food and beverages from the region and other locations in New York are showcased in nine state-of-the-art Taste NY vending machines. The Welcome Center contains I LOVE NY interactive kiosks, which highlight regional attractions and tourism destinations. For family travelers, an outdoor children’s play area with a zip line is available, along with a pet comfort area, free Wi-Fi, cell phone charging stations, picnic tables, and Adirondack chairs.
The details of the job below are illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Taste NY Vending Market Assistance:
● Stock vending machines daily.
● Assist customers with vending machines.
● Provide information to customers and visitors about the producers and products available for purchase in the vending market, offer suggestions for touring/visiting regional agritourism destinations, and general information about the Taste NY program.
● Receive and record new inventory when it arrives.
● Assist during in-store sampling events.
● Assist with monthly inventory.
● Notify the Market Manager of customer feedback and any issues in the market.
● Answer the phone and assist with inquiries.
● Maintain tidy warehouse/storage areas. Light cleaning, some lifting required.
● Stock brochures in the display rack daily and notify the Market Manager when inventory is low.
● Assist with various office duties as requested (data entry, printing, copies, filing, organization, etc.)
● High school diploma or GED required
● Proven work experience in retail, food service, inventory, or customer service. Experience with vending machines and vending software is a plus.
● Proficiency with Google tools (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, etc.)
● Effective communication skills, demonstrating strong customer service, including phone reception and in-person interaction with visitors, customers, and vendors.
● Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
● Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, and multitask effectively.
● Execute all tasks to the highest quality standards.
● Understanding of best practices for food handling. ServSafe Certification is a plus.
● Ability to work in a professional setting on a regular basis, performing routine physical activities, such as lifting, bending, sitting for long periods, reading, and writing.
● Ability to attend off-site meetings, representing the Chamber in a positive and professional manner.
This is a full-time position starting at $16.50 per hour. Our comprehensive benefits package includes PTO, health and dental insurance, and paid holidays for full-time employees.
Apply by sending an e-mail cover letter and resume to Erika Stark, Taste NY Market Manager
Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB, at email@example.com.
The Lake George Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
PTO, Health/Dental Insurance, Paid Holidays, year-end bonus.
MOVE YOUR CAREER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
Arrow Financial is seeking an experienced
Internal Audit Professional - IT
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you have experience in:
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this position within our Internal Audit department, you would be responsible for independently completing internal audits and SOX controls testing. Perform an important role in ensuring that Internal Audit fulfills its obligations to the Audit Committee and Senior Management. Take ownership of internal audit engagements from planning through reporting. Be an effective advocate for a strong internal control environment and provide value-added guidance. This position is offered with a hybrid optional schedule and works out of our headquarters in Glens Falls, New York.
§ Complete audit planning phase of audits independently and ensure audit fieldwork is completed in accordance with Internal Audit Department methodology.
§ Write-up preliminary audit findings and audit report drafts from business perspective utilizing audit results; ensure management actions are properly implemented in a timely manner.
§ Develop risk-based issues to identify control weaknesses and ensure management understands and effectively addresses issues identified.
§ Evaluate the effectiveness of Sarbanes-Oxley controls and communicate results in accordance with established methodology.
§ Build and maintain strong relationships with line and senior management while adding value to audited business units.
§ Take full responsibility for end-to-end audit process as In-Charge Auditor; includes effective supervision and development of staff auditors working on the audit engagement.
§ Develop and continuously update expertise in Company business lines, processes, and systems.
§ Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience required
§ 6+ years of experience in financial services with at least 2 of those in Internal Audit
§ Professional audit certification(s) such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) preferred
§ Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
§ Strong verbal and written communication skills; must communicate clearly with teammates and audit clients
§ Demonstrated initiative and resilience in completing audits, delivering results and meeting deadlines
§ Ability to quickly learn new business areas, identify risks, and assess controls thoroughly
§ Proven ability to write succinct, accurate and useful audit reports from senior management perspective
§ Strong knowledge of relevant banking regulations
§ Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
§ Minimal overnight travel (approximately one week per year)
§ Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for brief periods of time.
§ Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and computer mouse and keyboard.
§ Ability to lift/move up to 15 lbs.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We offer a pleasant work environment, career development opportunities, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package. Our Team welcomes candidates who will bring diverse intellectual, gender and ethnic perspectives. This position is offered with a hybrid optional schedule and works out of our headquarters in Glens Falls, New York.
Arrow Financial Corporation is a multi-bank holding company based in Glens Falls, New York, with more than $4 billion in assets. Through its subsidiaries, Arrow provides a broad range of banking and insurance services across northeastern New York. Our subsidiaries include, Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Company, Saratoga National Bank and Trust Company and Upstate Agency, LLC. Arrow is committed to delivering value for its shareholders, its customers and its communities. Its conservative business model and strategy of steady growth have resulted in many recognitions from the nation’s leading publications and bank-rating firms.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard for race, color, religion, national origin or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Conference & Catering Service Manager serves as the liaison between various hotel departments and the catering client. They must effectively communicate and coordinate all aspects of event planning for weddings, social events, meetings, conferences and more. Once an event is contracted by the Sales Manager, the assigned Conference & Catering Service Manager works closely with the client to gather event details, draft banquet event orders, arrange billing, greet the client day-of and ensure the event is set up for success.
- Partner with Sales Manager & catering client to effectively manage assigned functions
- Work with client and various departments within the hotel to plan all aspects of the function or event to include, but not limited to:
-Food and beverage requirements, timing of events, audio-visual requirements, function room set up, floor plans, special meal requests, detailed billing instructions, etc.
-Hotel rooming lists, VIP room assignments, amenity requests, arrival/departure details, bag pulls, luggage storage, housekeeping details, etc.
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely Banquet Event Orders and Group Resumes with all event details to be distributed to other hotel departments
- Strive to achieve a balance between service standards and the profitability of the organization
- Requires full flexibility and ability to work a varied schedule which is based on schedule of events assigned and levels of business
- 2 years of previous experience as an Event Manager, Conference Services Manager or in a similar Event Planning role preferred
- Ability to handle multiple clients, ongoing programs, onsite events, and high-pressure situations
- Strong time management skill and ability to balance current and future business
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction and work with a team
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrates a detail-oriented nature
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and non-verbal
- Presents appropriately and professionally on and off property as a representative of the hotel
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with other hotel operating systems (such as STS, Opera, Delphi, etc.) is preferred
- Must be able to stand/walk/step for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift as much as 20 pounds
About The Queensbury Hotel: The Queensbury Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Glens Falls, NY. Built in 1926, it is a Historic Hotel of America and on the National Registry of Historic Places. The property has 123 newly renovated guest rooms, two restaurants and 15,000+ square feet of newly expanded meeting space that hosts weddings, social events, meetings and conferences. Please visit our website at: www.thequeensburyhotel.com
- Competitive Pay & Advancement Opportunities
- Year- Round Employment
- Health Benefits and 401K Retirement Plan after 90 days
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts on Dining & Lodging
Housekeeper for lake front hotel resort in Lake George.
Now thru October 15th.
Saturday and Sunday are REQUIRED - 9am to 4pm
Weekdays - 10am to 2pm
Sunday thru Friday is linen service only.
Saturdays are full service checkouts.
Must be dependable and detail oriented.
No call offs, no excuses. Must be completely reliable with transportation.
Salary increases based on performance.
No experience necessary.
APPLY IN PERSON or CALL 386-299-8003. NO EMAILS.
Alpine Village Resort - 3054 Lakeshore Drive - Lake George